Thursday 20 December 2007

Getting Angry now

I take the opportunity to point out that reading the fault is important, and to also point out a couple of important issues:

1) RAID should only rebuild disks if there is an error. If the RAID is rebuilding disks then there is an error - and if there is an error it should be investigated. RAID shouldn't have to rebuild disks after every CLEAN shutdown. If it is then this is indicative of a further fault.

2) I have re-imaged the server due to 1and1 having an error in their image

3) I have identified a potential problem with their images, dating back to November 2007, and therefore I disserve a refund.

4) And most important - I shouldn't have to reboot a server every time I want it to server some information.....


"I think you are missing the point....
I had to reboot my server to get it to come back up again. This isn't normal behaviour and you will see that this is the forth time I have had to reboot my server to get it to respond.
I also notice from various newsgroups that the Fedora Core 6 image that 1and1 created for the Business Root Server 1 wasn't done correctly causing the Softlock error for the CPU.
I have re-imaged my server with your new Fedora Core 6 minimal image to see if the new image you have created has stopped the bugs...
I would appreciate it H****** if you would read the ticket and what I have done, rather than just react to your opinions.......
I want a refund for the last two months as it is either a poor image that 1and1 created that has been causing the server to stop responding - as mentioned here:
http://www.1and1faq.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4866 OR there is a fault with the hardware.
Where I appreciate that in previous emails relating to this same problem it would appear that RAID was in fact doing it's job and re-synching the disks, this is still not adequate behaviour for a server and RAID is a mechanism to stop data being lost rather than it being relied upon to resync my disks every time the server is rebooted..... This again points to an underlying problem with either the hardware or the image that 1and1 have supplied for these servers.....

Regards

Netwarriors"

No comments: