Thursday 27 December 2007

The attempted 1and1 cover up

I can't believe this, 1and1 are tellin gme that my server is pingable. Itry from my IP address - bl**dy hell it's working.

I log in via SSH, check the logs.... Hang on, someone from 1and1 rebooted the server 5 minutes ago!!!!


"I am fed up with 1and1 not taking me seriously.... obviously someone at 1and1 has rebooted it and now it is responsive.....
Next time read the notes....
I also can NOW access it via SSH - however that is because you will see from the server logs that it was only rebooted 5 minutes ago..... and it WASN'T me.......
There is still a problem as to why the Serial Console stops working, and that the SSH and all network connectivity also stops working - all of my other 1and1 servers are fully accessible...
This was meant to be escalated on Saturday - and yet it still isn't resolved.........
Stop rebooting my servers and thinking that this is an adequate fix......If you don't understand the problem I don't want you touching it, as it is obvious that very few people at 1and1 have the necessary intelligence or level of expertise to actually fault find this particular problem.

Regards

Netwarriors"

1 comment:

L.V. Native said...

1and1 is the worst hosting company I have ever used and i came close to firing my I.T. employee for having us with them.
Since January 2008 we have been taken off line twice without receiving and email. Granted that in April our cc had some billing issues but they didn't even notify me of the issue, they just took us off line!!!
When you call them they brush you aside.
After speaking with some people in my industry I can't believe I used them with their well deserved terrible reputation.
1AND1 IS THE WORST.