Thursday 20 December 2007

F**k it, this is cr*p

Couldn't believe this, so I decided the next time the server became unresponsive I would leave it alone and then 1and1 can get on with it.....Due to other commitments, I sort of left the mess with 1and1 until the problem presented itself again - as I knew it would.

I had been really busy, so don't know exactly when it happened, but I didn't notice it until I started winding down for the Christmas Holidays and was eager to pick up the development where I left off....

Open up my SSH Client - connect to my server.....Oh, no login prompt.

Open up my SSH Client - connect to the Serial Console - what's all this crap over the screen?


"login as: u*********
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password:
Trying 172.19.95.73...
Escape character is '^]'.
BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#0!
Call Trace:
[] softlockup_tick+0xfa/0x120 [] __do_softirq+0x5f/0xd0 [] update_process_times+0x57/0x90 [] smp_local_timer_interrupt"


Everything is unresponsive again, so lets try Support again:

"Problem still exists with my Root Server.
I cannot logon to me Root Server this morning via SSH. Whilst connecting via the Serial Console I am greeted with the following message:
login as: u46918866
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password:
Trying 172.19.95.73...
Escape character is '^]'.
BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#0!
Call Trace:
[] softlockup_tick+0xfa/0x120 [] __do_softirq+0x5f/0xd0 [] update_process_times+0x57/0x90 [] smp_local_timer_interrupt
Please can you arrange for this hardware to be replaced Urgently. I have waited for nearly 2 months for 1and1 to resolve the issues I am experiencing with this hardware.
I also would like to talk to your Customer Support Department for a refund for the passed two months as this server has been unusable.
Regards

Netwarriors"

No comments: